Saturday, August 25, 2007

Faith

Once again, grateful and humbled by God's word. What is not only believing what we cannot see, but faith is acting on what you know full well is true.

Sometimes I guess, we always console ourselves, hey, we just need to believe in God, and that's faith. But in reality, faith is not only believing in God but it encompasses action too. What action, we are to act out what we know is truth. Everyone around us does believe in God, but for us believers, God is not just another God out there. We know He is the one and true God out there. Yet, many of us live our lives as though we are oblivious to it.

Walking with God aint easy. Life is never easy. Especially for believers, if you have the notion that life would be easy peasy and you don't have to work for it, then you better wake up. Life is never easy. But what it is, is the fact that we have Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour, our peacemaker, our counsellor in our lives, and we know we do not have to walk alone, and that is what makes us different from the rest. Work... didn't God created Adam to work? Work used to be a positive notion, but it became negative only after Adam fell and sinned. Us, the reconciled, the one known by Him, should see work as positive now, to work for Him.

I guess, all in all, we should be grateful for what we have. In the world that feeds discontentment, all the more we should turn our eyes to Him and be contented.

Father, thank you for the fact that whenever I ponder upon Your words and who You are in my life, that You would refresh my soul and mind once again. Though I am physically and mentally tired, You never fail to nourish my soul. A trickle of Your Holy Spirit gives me peace that I need, and I thank You. Thank You Father, for the chance to have FAITH in You.

In loving You forever, Amen.

No comments:

trying to live a simple life amidst the complexity of it trying to succeed in differentiation rather than adaptation