Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Part 1 of Hong Kong trip

Been wanting to blog about my travel in Hong Kong, but have not been having the chance to do so. Right now I'm in the airport waiting for my flight departure.. and there's another story to tell... maybe in the later part of this posting.

Scheduled my flight so that I would be in Hong Kong from 15th till 19th August 2007. Reached here just in time for my meeting, thankfully I requested to check in a bit later (11pm). As usual, there is flight delay and I was rushing like crazy even from the morning itself. You see, I had to do a transit in Singapore to come to Hong Kong due to certain reasons, and I only managed to reach Singapore with less than half an hour (or was it 15 minutes) to catch my flight to Hong Kong. I practically had to run/dash to the gate! And all the while I was like.. WHY THE HECK IS IT SO FAR???? Breathlessly, I made it on time and got comfortable in the flight.

On flight, a grandmother was sitting next to me. She's Singaporean but she's a cantonese, so ended up chatting with. Such a dear old lady, helped her with things and all, and I'm cool about it. I'd like helping them, because they have gone through so much and have so much experience and life-story to share. She shared about her children, one of which was in the flight with us, sitting on the next row on our left with her two children. Think she's grateful that I'm lending a helping hand. Realised as I was talking to her, that parents do have amazing influence in our lives. She shared that because her parents suffered so much to raise them up, that she felt she does not have the right to actually enjoy herself. Indeed, I am grateful for all the love and enjoyment that my parents have given to me… grateful indeed. Likewise for my grandma, I would love for her to enjoy herself. Not everyone can live to be 90 eh? Well, she is one of the lucky ones then :)

After the flight ended, I was pretty stunned by some of the elderly people in the plane who pushed their way through to get off the plane. Went blur for a moment and I was like, ooookayyyy... but realised they were hurrying to catch the connecting flight, so it's cool. I myself had to rush like mad to be able to meet my client at 430pm at Causeway Bay. It was 330pm already and would definitely take me an hour from Hong Kong Airport! Tried calling my client of my impending lateness, but was unreachable. So I called the facility to alert them to welcome the client. With that, I'd managed to reach there like probably 5-10 minutes later. So work starts and I was working till almost 11pm. Exhausted, i took my time to get to my hostel.
I ended up sleeping at 4 something in the morning, after refreshing myself and did some work. Mainly chatted with a friend about nothing… haha.. but it was good to crap sometimes. Neways, woke up the next day at about 1050am, cause received a call from my boss enquiring on the group the night before. I think I’ve quite mastered my voice to sound awake although I just woke up… haha, too many experiences whereby my boss’ call woke me up in the morning. Anyhow, his call woke me up and I’ve gotten myself up and did some work in the morning. Showered at about 12 plus and went out for lunch. The minute I reached downstairs, I was stunned. Because it was raining quite heavily and I left my umbrella upstairs. Feeling lazy, I decided to brave the rain and went about to purchase some water and necessities for the trip. Once done, I went to eat some porridge at a nearby shop. It was really weird though, for their porridge’s very sweet. I couldn’t finish it and left it as that.

As it was still pouring I decided to back to the hostel and laze about. Feeling lazy… haha. Neways, ended reading a book that was lying around at the hostel. Quite interesting, I would say Sidney Sheldon is quite good for he really keeps you in suspense throughout the book. Interestingly, the story revolves around multiple personality disorder, and the story ended amazingly well. During the course of it, I was chatting with a friend, and because he was studying for his exam and me with my book, we missed each other’s messages quite a lot. We ended up being a parrot, with the numerous “hello, are you there?” on the msn. Haha…. By the way, it was still pouring outside, making it amazingly nice to stay in-house.

At 4 plus, I went to shower and prepared myself to go to Causeway Bay for work again. Today’s event ended quite well, it numerous good take-out from the group. However, like the day before, the group ended late again. The client was so amused that he turned and asks me if it’s normal. I told him that it does, because the respondents were the ones talking a whole heap of their feedback. I guess the interesting part about my work is the things that the people would say and share with us. It’s amazing the things that they would share, sometimes unpredictably un-assumptious.

Likewise, the group ended late again, at about 945pm. Supposed to have dinner with my friend, and because she was held up at work, and vice versa, she thought I had finished dinner (told her I would finish about 8plus) and thus she went home straight. As for me, I was still in the observation room and did not dare to sms since the client was sitting next to me. So after the whole thing ended, I rang her and she was giving some exclamations about me not contacting her earlier. Assured her it’s alright and told her to recommend what’s nice at the area. She told me to visit this place called Yee Shun Milk Company, which is a few shops away from Causeway Bay Plaza 1, towards Sogo. When I reached there, I realised that I’ve passed by this little old shop the last time round and had wanted to go in to try (but I didn’t though). So my friend recommended me the Pork Chop burger and “Dang Dan” (Steam white egg ….. or something like that). I’m impressed by the Dang Dan, because it was so smooth and soft. It literally slides in your mouth and the texture’s light and easy. Not only that, it was quite a big portion too, as least compared to those in Kuala Lumpur.


However, the burger was not really interesting, for it is just a plain baguette with a piece of pork chop in between. However, I would give it credit for the pork chop was not too, what’s that word… kenyil in Malay. Can’t think of the English word at the moment.


All in all, it is one of the cheapest meal I’ve taken in Hong K0ng, with a total cost of HKD37 (RM17.50).

Went home right after that…. And oh, did I mention it was still raining after the groups and after dinner?

But really do praise God for the weather because I shared with my Hong Kong friends about my need to work on 15th and 16th August and that I would not be able to go with them. And viola, weather does not permit it either.

Just a pause to share that I really do thank God for His blessings in my life. He blessed me with a bunch of friends who are willing to drop their things and take me around I am truly grateful for that.

That's all for now :)


No comments:

trying to live a simple life amidst the complexity of it trying to succeed in differentiation rather than adaptation